There are certain trends that I see that I just have to hop on and these fried salmon nuggets were one of them. I saw this style of recipe many times on Tiktok and I give all credit and inspiration to the many, many creators that came before me and put their own spin on it. I just wanted to try it and use my technique to see how it would come out.
Salmon is my favorite fish and I honestly feel bad breading it and frying it the way I did but honey it was soo good. Not something I’ll do frequently but it was surely a special treat. In the future I’ll play around with the breading because I do feel like my breading technique was a little too much like fried chicken, I really had to look inside and make sure it was salmon lol The flavors were light and familiar with hints of lemon and dill and the sauce was the perfect addition to finish off this recipe.
If you’re into making different things and want to break some rules just a little bit then you better get all the way into the recipe below. I know if you made it this far in reading this post that you are intrigued so go ahead and add all these ingredients to your next Instacart order so that you can make these salmon nuggets asap!
These salmon nuggets are a fish lover’s dream, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these nuggets are the surprise you’ve been waiting for. Be sure to not skimp on the sauce because these were made for dipping.
If you make this dish be sure to tag me at @asiliglamcooks on Instagram so that I can re-post.
Buttermilk fried salmon nuggets
For Salmon nuggets
- 6 oz fresh Atlantic salmon filet skin removed
- 1 tsp Brown Girl Spice seasoning salt plus more to taste for flour dredging
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- pinch of Brown Girl Spice lemon dill seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- vegetabe oil Enough to coat the bottom of the frying pan
Spicy mayo dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp of good mayo
- 1 tbsp of truffle hot sauce
- Brown Girl Spice lemon dill seasoning to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine salmon pieces, egg and seasoning, mix well to combine
- In a second shallow bowl, add flour and corn starch with Brown Girl Spice seasoning salt to taste
- Dredge salmon suggets into flour mixture and coat evenly on both sides shaking off any excess flour
- To a frying pan on medium heat add a thin layer of oil
- Once oil is hot, fry salmon nuggets for about 3 minutes each side until golden brown
- Allow salmon nuggets to rest before serving. While nuggets rest make dipping sauce
Spicy mayo dipping sauce
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, hot sauce, lemon dill seasoning and lemon juice and mix well, taste and adjust salt level accordinly
P.S. check out my last post here.