Ground turkey gets a bad rep because a lot of people think it’s dry and boring. I beg to differ because I’ve found so many different ways to enjoy turkey. I love that it’s a leaner protein, and to me, that’s really important for my health and nutrition. I especially love how versatile ground turkey can be. I mean there are endless ways to make it interesting from turkey meatballs, meatloaf, burgers, or bolognese just to name a few.
My previous chicken parm recipe went so viral on Pinterest and Instagram that I thought to myself, what other ways can I make a parmesan dish because you guys seem to really like them!
My newest creation was turning ground turkey into parmesan minis. We are all most familiar with chicken parmesan but turkey parmesan might be a little new for you. I enjoyed this variation of turkey because the way it’s prepared is kinda like a meatloaf but the finishing is what makes it most like chicken parm. A few simple and humble ingredients go into creating this rockstar turkey parmesan dish that is sure to wow even the pickiest of eaters at your dinner table.
You can serve this up with mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash if you’re watching your carbs like me and a side of roasted broccoli. This turkey parmesan is such a classic dish and honestly makes the best meal prep too because of how individual the portions are. This recipe makes 5 individual turkey parmesan rounds and you can just pop them right into your meal prep container with your side and go.
Ok, I think I’ve done enough talking to meet my SEO minimum lol, let’s get right into the recipe, shall we?
If you make this dish be sure to tag me at @asiliglamcooks on Instagram so that I can re-post.
Turkey parmesan minis
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 5 pieces of thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup of marinara sauce Could be a little less depending on how much you spoon on each piece of turkey, I like to use a thin layer
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning to top the mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- drizzle of olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- With your hands, mix the turkey, egg, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and olive oil in a bowl
- Form the turkey into 5 equal oval rounds
- Put the rounds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Add about a tbsp of marinara sauce on top of each turkey piece
- Top with mozarella cheese and season the top of the cheese with salt and italian seasoning
- Bake for 45 minutes, use a meat thermoeter to ensure the turkey has reached 165 degrees F.
P.S. check out my last post here.