Let’s make this quick and straight to the point, you need to make this cajun chicken mozzarella linguini.
I know you’re here because you want a quick, easy and delicious recipe to make tonight. Well, look no further. This super easy cajun chicken mozzarella linguini is all you need to make to wow your tastebuds.
Grab the simple ingredients included in the list below and make this dish for yourself and your family. It really is the perfect pasta dish. Enjoy it with a side salad or roasted vegetables and you have a perfectly balanced dish.
This pasta dish comes together quickly and the flavor is more smoky than spicy and has so much flavor. This cajun chicken mozzarella linguini comes together in about 35 minutes or less. You will be a dinner-time hero by the time this meal is done. Throw in some garlic bread and enjoy a beautiful meal.
Ok, enough talking, let’s get to the recipe. You can watch the video here.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or any neutral cooking oil
- 1 tbsp of Brown Girl Spice cajun seasoning plus more to taste
- 2 medium-sized chicken breast chopped in chunks
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 a lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp of cream cheese *optional
- 8 oz of linguini pasta or any noodle of choice
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cook linguini to al dente according to package instructions
- In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Once the oil is hot, add chicken to the pan and season with cajun seasoning and salt
- Allow chicken to brown for 3-4 minutes
- Once the chicken starts to brown, add onions and tomato and stir
- Allow the onions and tomato to soften for a minute or two
- Add evaporated milk and season with garlic powder, salt, and cajun seasoning to taste
- Turn to the stove to medium-low and add parmesan cheese, cream cheese, scallion, and lemon juice
- Stir well and allow the sauce to thicken for about 5 minutes
- Taste the sauce and ensure seasonings are to your liking, sauce is done when it has thickened and is creamy
- Remove linguini from the water, reserving a cup of pasta water for the sauce should you need to loosen it a bit
- Add cooked linguini to the sauce and stir to incorporate
- Turn off the heat and add the mozzarella cheese to the top of the pasta and cover with a tight-fitting lid allowing the cheese to melt and pasta to soak up the sauce
- After about 3 minutes the cheese is melted and the pasta is ready to serve
You can use heavy cream or half and half to replace evaporated milk
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. check out my last post here.