I know you guys love pasta as much as I do, so, I had to write down the recipe for my creamy lemon spaghetti.
There is a TikTok trend going on right now with tons of food bloggers making this recipe. It’s a pretty basic format and you can tweak it as you see fit. I added parmesean cheese and tons of black pepper to mine to really spruce it up. I’m a fan of lemon, but not when it’s too overpowering in a dish. This pasta is so yummy and has the perfect hint of lemon.
I enjoyed this lemon spaghetti with my creamy chicken thighs. What a combination! I thoroughly enjoyed the combo and would absolutely make it again. Another recommendation is to have it with some nice grilled shrimp.
Keep this creamy lemon spaghetti in your arsenal for when you need to get dinner together quickly! Ok, enough talking, the recipe is below!
- 12 oz of thin spaghetti
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic, about 3 large cloves
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water
- Kosher salt + Black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Cook pasta according to al dente instructions.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil and melt butter on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic & lemon zest and turn heat to medium-low and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with lemon juice and stir gently.
- Add heavy cream, pasta water, and stir.
- Bring to a low simmer and allow the sauce to thicken and emulsify for a couple of minutes.
- Add parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and stir vigorously to incorporate.
- Turn off the stove and add freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve and top with more parmesan cheese and black pepper.
You might not use all the pasta water, just use your best judgment. Pasta water is to loosen up the sauce if it gets too thick.
Go heavy on the black pepper as it adds a nice kick to the sauce and compliments the lemon flavor.
As usual, you can find me demonstrating this recipe over on TikTok. Check it out and use it as a guide when you decide to make this!
Let me know in the comments if you would give this pasta dish a try.
Check out my previous recipe here.