Did you know chicken scampi was a thing? It’s even on Olive Garden’s menu! I actually didn’t realize it was a thing until after I made it and I was researching if anyone else ever had this genius idea to make shrimp scampi with chicken. To my surprise, I wasn’t the first one to come up with the idea, go figure! I love anything in a white wine lemon garlic sauce. It’s such a versatile sauce and just makes food taste better. Shrimp is the perfect protein for shrimp scampi but I know so many people who are either allergic or who just don’t love crustaceans. Soooo for those people, there’s an alternative!
Introducing, chicken scampi. Make it on the stovetop or like I did in the oven. It’s a great dish to make for a quick weeknight dinner because it comes together in about 30 minutes. I really enjoyed using chicken breasts in a new way because that’s my least favorite part of the chicken. It’s just so blah. But this really spiced things up and made dinner interesting.
- 2 large chicken breast cut into cutlets
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh herbs rosemary, thyme, sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast into cutlet size pieces.
- In a baking dish, assemble chicken breast evenly and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add fresh minced garlic and herbs.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Mix together and add white wine to the baking dish.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on the top of the chicken, then top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- For the last 2 minutes of cooking, crank the oven to high broil and get the parmesan to carmelize a bit on top of the chicken.
- Use a spoon to lather the chicken in the white wine garlic sauce and top with fresh parsley to serve.
I really enjoyed this dish and so did my husband. I imagine if you had kids, this would be something they would enjoy as well since you cut the chicken into cutlet size pieces, which kids already love anyway! You can make this with the chicken breast whole, but I would use a rolling pin to pound it out a bit for even cooking.
I dropped this over on TikTok and it’s getting a lot of attention! Already almost 17K views and over 1.2K likes. I think people just really like easy and quick dinner ideas for familiar protein favorites like chicken breast.
Tell me, would you try this chicken scampi? Let me know in the comments section below.
If you like seafood, check out my last recipe here.