This chicken tetrazzini is creamy and comforting with familiar flavors–made of tender shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, this comfort classic has all your favorite fixings in one easy pasta bake.
Chicken tetrazzini is one of my all time favorite casserole dishes. I love the combination of shredded chicken with thin spaghetti noodles in a cream sauce. I especially love that it’s a quick dump and bake meal, which most casseroles are! You can have fun with tetrazzini and do a turkey one or even a seafood one but you guys already know how I feel about chicken so that was the obvious option for me lol I quickly shredded my chicken in my instant pot prior to building my casserole for baking but you can also use store bought rotisserie chicken and shred the white meat part yourself–either way it will be absolutely delicious.
Ingredients you’ll need for my chicken tetrazzini:
Thin spaghetti noodles
Cream of chicken soup
Cream of mushroom soup
Colby jack cheese
Tools you’ll need:
How to make:
First, you’ll want to decide on store bought chicken or homemade chicken. If cooking your chicken breasts, prepare them in the instant pot by cooking them on high pressure for about 12 minutes until easily shreddable. Then in a bowl, combine shredded chicken with cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, creme fraiche, rotel tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, colby jack cheese and seasonings. Mix well then add cooked spaghetti noodles a little at a time until fully incorporated. Top with cheese, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 35 minutes, then uncover and broil on high until cheese is golden brown on top, about 3 minutes.
This chicken tetrazzini is creamy and comforting with familiar flavors--made of tender shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, this comfort classic has all your favorite fixings in one easy pasta bake.
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 8 oz thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of creme fraiche
- 1 cup of rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder powder
- 1 tsp Seasoning salt
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley and red pepper flakes to serve
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook chicken in instant pot on high pressure for 12 minutes
- Prepare noodles according to box instructions for al dente
- Shred chicken in casserole baking dish and then add cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, creme fraiche, rotel tomatoes and seasoning
- Mix well until everything is combined
- Add cooked noodles to the chicken mixture and stir well
- Once all the noodles are added, add half the cheese blend to the mixture and combine
- Smooth the top of the casserole and top with the remaining cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted on top
- Broil on high for 3 minutes until cheese is golden brown
- Top with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes if desired
P.S. Check out my last recipe here.