Shrimp and Salmon Seafood Casserole is a creamy blend of seafood, herbs, asparagus and four cheeses, with a crisp layer of Panko and parmesan.
This recipe is a part of a holiday recipe roundup collaboration hosted by me, Natasha of @asiliglamcooks. For this week we are focusing on casserole meals.
Hey there! It’s Dee from BonAppeDee.com. I’m sharing my flavorful casserole that’s not like any other and will satisfy all my seafood lovers! Let’s dive into this recipe.
It is officially a comfort food season. And I’ve got you covered this holiday with a casserole dish that’s not like any other. My seafood casserole is perfect for holiday gatherings and/or even a weeknight meal. This cheesy and savory recipe will be sure to give your taste buds and those seafood lovers a true treat.
My recipe includes shrimp and salmon because I always have those on hand in the fridge. However, you can take this recipe up a few notches and add crabmeat, lobster etc. for the ultimate seafood casserole. The heavy cream, white cheddar and tang parmesan cheese with fresh and dried herbs combinalge flavor
I love seafood! And it’s a great source of protein and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. So consider this casserole a combination of flavor and nutritious..
If you love seafood, this casserole recipe has your name on it! And if you’re looking for more incredible holiday desserts and useful baking tips, check out all my recipes at BonAppeDee.com
- 12 to 16 Shrimp (medium, sliced in half)
- 4 ounces Salmon (sliced or diced)
- 1 bunch Asparagus (sliced 1 inch)
- 3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted divided)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 cups of White Cheddar/ Mozzarella cheese mix (any mix of sharp and soft cheese)
- 4 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon
- 4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Dill (thinly sliced)
- 3 Green Onions, diced and for garnish
- 1 ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs(Japanese-style)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated or sliced)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Cut asparagus into 1 inch slightly diagonal spears.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sliced asparagus, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and cook, 3-4 minutes stirring, until they are tender. Include a pinch of salt and cook for another 1-2 mins. Remove from heat and place aside in a med-lg mixing bowl.
- Using the same pan, add another tablespoon of butter. Add salmon, 2 teaspoons garlic powder & paprika, 2-3 pinches of salt and cook 3-4 minutes, do not overcrowd the pan. Remove from heat and place in the same mixing bowl with the asparagus.
- Next, included another tablespoon of butter. Next place shrimp, 2 teaspoons of garlic & paprika and 2-3 pinches of salt and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and place in the same mixing bowl with the asparagus & salmon.
- In a medium size pot, over medium-low heat add heavy cream & cream cheese and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add white cheddar/ mozzarella mix cheese and continue to stir. Add the remaining butter to a saucepan and place it over medium-low heat; stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Next, add parsley & tarragon and mix until the sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the salt & pepper and continue to stir, allowing to simmer on low heat.
- Gently pour the sauce into the seafood and asparagus mixture and mix well.
- Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Next, pour seafood and asparagus mixture into the baking dish, layering with spring onions.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese & dill and sprinkle mixture evenly on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler for 1-2 minute to achieve a brown and crispy top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tune in tomorrow for our next submission in our casserole recipe roundup hosted by @asiliglamcooks and friends.
P.S. Check out my last recipe here.