Tender ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella make up the base for this easy no-stress lasagna recipe.
Have you ever craved homemade lasagna during the week but thought to yourself that you didn’t have the time to make it? Sometimes, homemade lasagna seems daunting and it gets a bad rep for having a lot of steps and being a tough recipe to master because of all the different components. I simplified my lasagna recipe and came up with this no-stress, straight-to-the-point way because sometimes you just want delicious lasagna and not all the hassle. The best part about this recipe is that it makes a lot and so leftovers will be delicious for a few days after and you can make adjustments as you see fit. Choose any type of ground meat you want or even swap out the red sauce for white sauce for a nice switch up in flavor. The choice is yours!
Ingredients you’ll need for my no-stress lasagna recipe:
Ground meat (chicken, beef, or turkey, add some Italian sausage too)
Browngirlspice Asili Glam Blend
Browngirlspice Herb De Provence
For the ricotta filling:
Ricotta cheese (whole milk or fat-free)
Tools you’ll need:
Lasagna baking pan
Schmidt Bros Knife (Use Code: NATASHA15 at check out for 15% off)
Can I slow cook my ground meat then make the lasagna?
Of course! If you want to slow cook the meat ahead of time you can do that and then assemble the lasagna and bake when you’re ready to serve.
Can I freeze this lasagna?
Yes, you can freeze the lasagna in an air-tight vacuum-sealed container once cooled.
Can I substitute the ricotta cheese?
No, I would recommend omitting it if you don’t like ricotta cheese.
- 1 1/2 pound of ground meat (chicken, beef or turkey, add some Italian sausage too)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 16 oz jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp @browngirlspice Asili Glam Blend
- 1tbsp @browngirlspice Herb De Provence
- 1/4 tsp of fennel seed or ground fennel
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar to taste
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles
- Fresh basil
- For ricotta filling:
- 1 medium jar of ricotta cheese (whole milk or fat free)
- 1 egg
- Parmesan cheese to taste + salt & pepper
- Fresh basil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a dutch pot on medium heat, cook ground meat until brown, about 8-10 minutes
- Drain fat from ground meat and add in diced onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 2minutes
- Add tomato sauce to the ground meat and season to taste with browngirlspice asili glam blend or all-purpose seasoning, browngirlspice herb de provence or italian seasoning, ground fennel and brown sugar
- Next, add parmesan cheese and bay leaf, stir well and cover to simmer while you prepare the ricotta filling and cook noodles, about 10 minutes
- Cook meat for a total of about 20 minutes until sauce is nice and thick
- Either use no-boil noodles or prepare noodles according to box instructions
For ricotta filling
- In a bowl combine ricotta, parmesan cheese, basil, an egg, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside
- Put one layer of cooked meat sauce to the bottom of the pan followed by a layer of lasagna noodles and then a layer of meat sauce again and ricotta filling then mozzarella cheese
- Continue to do this until you reach the top of the pan, the last layer should be mozzarella cheese
- Top with fresh basil, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes covered, then uncover and broil cheese to the desired brownness on top, about 2-3 minutes
- Allow lasagna to cool before serving, about 10-15 minutes
More recipes to try:
Turkey Chili Taco
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me @asiliglamcooks so I can repost!