Tender pieces of rotisserie chicken and buttery soft dinner rolls are the base for these buffalo chicken sliders. Topped with melty provolone cheese these buffalo chicken sliders are what game days are made for.
It’s almost fall and football season has officially started, which means everyone is looking for easy and delicious appetizers to prepare for hungry family and friends as they gather together to entertain throughout the fall season. These buffalo chicken sliders were made for entertaining and feeding a hungry crowd. They are easy to prep and have a big flavor payoff. Guests can easily nibble on 1 or 2 sliders and end up being pretty full afterward.
The key here is to pack on the shredded rotisserie chicken. What I love most about this recipe is it doubles as a great meal prep option. You can grab the family pack of dinner tolls and double the recipe and have plenty of leftovers for later.
I saved my leftovers in my FoodSaver microwavable meal prep bags and heated them up the next day right in the bag. I enjoyed a prepped, easy meal—straight from the refrigerator to the microwave—in minutes. In my opinion, the sliders were even more delicious the next day and made for the most satisfying lunch. I always saw how easy and fun it looked to make these giant slider dishes and I’m so happy I created my own version with these buffalo chicken sliders. You are going to love them. Add this recipe to your list asap.
Ingredients for my buffalo chicken slider recipe:
Buffalo hot sauce
For butter topping:
Can I cook my chicken breast myself for this recipe?
Yes, you can poach your chicken breast yourself and shred it, but to save yourself some time and prep this recipe calls for a simple pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your favorite grocery store. Or you can even use chicken from a can if that’s your thing.
Can I substitute the ranch dressing?
Yes, you can use blue cheese dressing in this recipe if you prefer it over the ranch, but you will need to use one of the two dressings to get the same flavor profile I achieved.
Is this dish really spicy?
Well, that all depends on the type of buffalo sauce you choose. I used Franks red hot wing buffalo sauce and it’s pretty mild in my opinion, it has more flavor than anything. Pick your sauce according to the level of spice that you can tolerate.
More recipes to try:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me @asiliglamcooks so I can repost!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 Rottiserie chicken, shredded pre cooked, store bought
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese, softned
- Provolone cheese thinly sliced 12 pieces, 2 per roll
- 1/4 cup Fresh green onions, chopped
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 6-8 soft dinner rolls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Garlic butter topping
- 4 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, shred chicken, I used both dark and white meat, skin removed
- To a skillet on medium heat add some olive oil and butter and warm chicken through for 3-5 minutes then add ranch dressing, buffalo sauce and cream cheese. Mix well until fully incorporated, taste for salt and pepper
- Cut rolls crosswise and put chicken filling on the bottom half the rolls and top genrously with cheese and fresh scallion
- Cover the filling with the top of the rolls and brush with butter topping
For butter topping
- Melt butter in the microwave for a few seconds and add garlic and chives. Mix well and brush the top of the rolls
- Place sliders in the oven on the top rack covered with foil for 15 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional minute or two if desired
- Sliders are done when chicken is warmed thorugh, cheese has melted and tops of the rolls are golden brown and toasted
Thanks to FoodSaver for sponsoring this post, all opinions are my own.