The temperatures are rising and that means eating outside is finally enjoyable again! Grab your partner and make this romantic shrimp scampi pasta and serve with Cake Bread Cellars sauvignon blanc for the perfect pairing.
The best part of this dish is that it comes together in about twenty minutes so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time dining outside alfresco. I love a good shrimp scampi and let me just tell you now, this one does not disappoint.
The sauce is really it for me! Scampi sauce can be made a few different ways but at its core, it has to have one essential ingredient and that’s white wine. I selected Cake Bread Cellars sauvignon blanc for it’s beautiful citrusy top notes and balanced acidity. Not only was it perfect to cook with but it made for the perfect pairing to enjoy the shrimp scampi past with.
I’m really impressed with Cake Bread Cellars as they select these sauvignon blanc grapes from the best growing spots in Napa Valley. You can enjoy this wine with my recipe and a ton of other great options like crab, salmon, or even popcorn, yes popcorn!
Than you Cake Bread Cellars for sponsoring this post #ad
You’ll find the full recipe below! I hope you’ll make this shrimp scampi pasta and enjoy it with a glass of crispy and delicious Cake Bread Cellars sauvignon blanc.
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 8 oz of thin spaghetti
- 6-8 large shrimp peel & devained with tails on
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 a small shallot sliced
- 2 tbsp of butter divided
- 1/2 a fresh lemon juiced + 1 sliced reserved for serving
- 1/4 cup of Cake Bread Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 large grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Splash of heavy cream
- Fresh parsley chopped for serving
- Splash of reserved pasta water to loosen sauce
- Top with red pepper flakes *optional
- Drizzle of Olive Oil for cooking and serving
- Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente, reserving a splash of the pasta water for later.
- To a hot skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add shrimp, season with salt, and sear on each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- To the same skillet add 1 tbsp of butter, shallots, and tomatoes to saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add garlic and saute for another minute followed by adding a squeeze of 1/2 a lemon.
- Deglaze the pan with the Cake Bread Cellars Sauvignon Blanc and add a splash of heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and season with onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir sauce and if too thick, add a splash of pasta water and simmer for an additional minute.
- Turn off heat, add cooked shrimp back to the sauce to bring to temperature, and add drained pasta and combine.
- Plate and top with a fresh lemon slice, red pepper flakes, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.