My Salmon Croquette Truffle Eggs Benedict is made with delicious, flavorful salmon croquettes topped with perfectly poached eggs and creamy truffle sauce, perfect for Mother’s Day brunch at home.
I love making brunch at home and it’s even more special when I make eggs benedict but not just any eggs benedict, my salmon croquette truffle eggs benedict. It’s a simple dish in nature but comes across very upscale and sophisticated, which is why I think it’s a perfect occasion at home brunch recipe for something like Mother’s Day.
The recipe starts off with simple salmon croquettes, these salmon croquettes are elevated by using pre cooked roasted salmon filets that you just need to flake in a bowl to get started.
Next, you add some fresh ingredients like red bell pepper, onions and fresh dill. You bind it all together with flour, egg and a little seasoned breadcrumbs for added texture.
I like a low maintenance recipe so, I cooked my croquettes in the air fryer. They come out juicy and perfectly cooked every time and you don’t have to worry about hot oil everywhere.
Next, I make the poached eggs, which you can technically make last to keep them warm but I like for them to keep cooking as they cool for the most gorgeous egg yolk.
Poached eggs are simple but they are all about technique. You want to first boil your water in a deep enough pot that you can create a little whirlpool action by stirring the water.
Once the water is bubbling away you want to add your vinegar and crack your egg into a separate bowl. Use a spoon to crate a whirlpool in the water and simply pour in the egg and reduce the heat to medium. You want to add each egg one at a time an cook for about 3-4 minutes or until they float to the top and the egg white is nice and firm and the center is jiggly to the touch.
Let them cool on paper towels and move on to the next step, which is to make your truffle hollandaise sauce. I like to turn the heat to low on the water the eggs were cooking in and simply place a glass bowl over top and make my sauce right there.
All you need for the truffle hollandaise is egg yolks, lemon juice, hot sauce, black truffle spread and salt.
Whisk that in the bowl really well and allow the excess heat to cook the sauce and thicken it up.
Once nice and thick remove from the heat and assemble your benedict.
Of course you can add an English muffin to the bottom of the eggs benedict if you choose but I didn’t find it necessary.
Place the salmon croquette on the bottom, followed by the poached egg then cover the egg in hollandaise sauce. Top with fresh dill, serve an enjoy!
This salmon croquette truffle eggs benedict recipe is a must try, check out the full recipe below and let me know what you think.
Salmon Croquette Truffle Eggs Benedict
My Salmon Croquette Truffle Eggs Benedict is made with delicious, flavorful salmon croquettes topped with perfectly poached eggs and creamy truffle sauce, perfect for Mother's Day brunch at home.
For Salmon Croquettes
- 2 4 oz pre cooked salmon filets
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 sprig fresh dill, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sesoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
For poached eggs
- 2 - 4 fresh eggs (2 eggs for 1 serving, 4 eggs for 2 servings)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 cups of boiling water
For truffle hollandaise
- 2 large egg yolks (2 eggs for 1 serving, 4 eggs for 2 servings)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chipotle Tabasco
- 1 tsp black truffle spread
- Salt to taste
To make salmon croquettes
- Combine ingredients for salmon croquettes in a medium bowl and mix well to combine, ensure the salmon is flaky and all the ingredients are well incorporated
- Form the mixture into 5-6 croquettes
- Spray the croquettes with avocado oil cooking spray and air fry on 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or unitl firm and golden brown
- Allow the croquettes to rest while you make the sauce and poach the egg
To poach egg
- In a medium pot, add water and bring to a rolling boil
- Add vinegar and stir to create a whirlpool in the water
- Gently drop in one egg at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes or unitl egg white is firm and center of the egg is jiggly to the touch
- Drain on paper towels until ready to assemble benedict
To make truffle hollandaise
- Put a small glass bowl that is big enough to fit on top of the pot with the warm water from poaching eggs, turn heat to low
- Add egg yolks, lemon juice, hot saue, black truffle spread and salt and whisk until creamy and thick, about 2-3 minutes
- Turn off heat and set aside
- To a plate add 2 salmon croquettes and top with 1 poached egg each
- Add the truffle hollandaise over the poached egg and top with fresh dill
- Serve warm and enjoy
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know how you like it in the comments below! Also check my Instagram for daily food inspo!