The Louisiana Chicken Pasta from Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite dishes to order. It’s decadent, creamy and absolutely delicious. The pasta is cooked perfectly in a cajun cream sauce and topped with crispy parmesan chicken cutlets.
If you’re reading this post then that means you too are a lover of the famous Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta.
Since I’ve been ordering this pasta for so long, I pretty much know how to make it from scratch. I’ve made it at home a few times now because the ingredients are easy to replicate and it’s not a complicated dish to master. However, this time, I had to document exactly what I did because it came out perfect and honestly even better than the original. The flavors are deep, and cajun infused with a touch of earthiness from the mushrooms. The cream sauce was rich and decadent and the noodles were so perfect! I switched out the traditional bow-tie pasta for something a little different.
If you’re looking for a yummy weeknight pasta dish or a decadent dish to make for a special occasion then look no further.
Let’s jump right into the recipe.
Louisiana Chicken Pasta
The Louisiana Chicken Pasta from Cheesecake factory is one of my favorite dishes to order. It's decadent, creamy and absolutely delicious. The pasta is cooked perfectly in a cajun cream sauce and topped with crispy parmesan chicken cutlets.
- 4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Vegetable or canola oil for frying
For Cajun cream sauce
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of white onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- Cajun seasoning to taste, about 1 tsp
- 1/2 package or 9oz of Girelle pasta or bowtie pasta
- Freshly chopped parsley* optional
- Pat chicken dry with a piece of paper towel then season on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- Dip chicken in egg wash, then flour, then parmesan cheese. Pat cheese into chicken to ensure it does not fall off before frying
- Heat oil on medium heat then pan fry the chicken cutlets until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side
- Set cooked chicken aside on paper towels to cool
- Cook pasta according to package instructions before starting sauce
For Cajun Cream Sauce:
- In a nonstick skillet on medium heat, melt butter and sauté onions, mushrooms and bell peppers until soft, about 2-3 minutes
- Once soft and fragrant season with salt and pepper and add garlic, heavy cream and parmesan cheese, mix well until everything is well combined
- Next, season with cajun seasoning to taste and lower heat to medium low
- Allow sauce to come to a simmer and thicken, about 5 minutes
- Sauce is done when you can trace a line across the back of the spoon with your fingertip. If the line remains visible, the sauce is thick enough
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and combine well until all the noodles are well coated
- Once pasta and sauce is combined, turned off the heat and add sliced chicken on top
- Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired and serve hot
P.S. Check out my last recipe here. Check my Instagram for video tutorial on this recipe.
Absolutely delicious!! Tripled the recipe for a large family. Would definitely make again!
I love that, Catherine! Thanks for sharing.
wow!love that! Thanks for sharing!
This is my favorite dish at the Cheesecake Factory. I made this tonight and I think it tasted better than than the Factory’s dish!!! Made it for less than they charge for a serving.