If you’re looking for restaurant quality brussels sprouts then you just have to try my brussels sprouts with million dollar bacon.
Introducing, the best way to make vegetables taste next level–Brussels sprouts with million dollar bacon! Yes, you read that right! You might already be familiar with million dollar bacon from seeing it on the menu at your favorite restaurant but it’s bacon that’s out of this world! Layered with maple syrup and brown sugar the bacon caramelizes in the oven and becomes sweet and decadent. Combining the million dollar bacon with the savory brussels sprouts is truly a match made in heaven.
If you want to wow your guests for dinner or simply spruce up your favorite veggie side dish with a little more flavor this is the recipe to try. With a few pantry ingredients this recipe comes together in no time and will have you looking like a culinary expert in no time. Let’s jump right into it…
Tips for making Brussels sprouts with million dollar bacon:
- Don’t over cook the Brussels Sprouts–this veggies gets a bad rep simply because it’s usually overcooked and mushy. I find that roasting them adds so much flavor! But you want to roast just until tender, not too mushy and not undercooked. 20-30 minutes should do the trick depending on how hot your oven runs
- Use regular pork bacon- I know substitutions in recipes are quire popular and I’m all here for it BUT this time you need that rich flavor of traditional pork bacon. I cannot gurantee the flavor will be the same with other types of “bacon”
- Coat the Brussels in your fat of choice, I chose duck fat this time but olive oil, avacado oil or even melted butter works great!
Brussels Sprouts With Million Dollar Bacon
If you're looking for restaurant quality brussels sprouts then you just have to try my brussels sprouts with million dollar bacon.
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, washed and cut
- into halves
- 1 tbsp of duck fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For Million Dollar Bacon
- 1/2 package of bacon
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- Heat oven 375 degrees
- To a sheet pan, line with parchment paper then add bacon slices and drizzle with maple syrup
- Brush the maple syrup onto the bacon slices and add brown sugar on each slice evenly
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on bacon and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until crispy and sticky
- To halved brussels sprouts, add duck fat, salt and pepper and massage gently
- Evenly distribute the brussels sprouts on to another sheet pan and bake at 375 degrees until tender and cooked through about 20 minutes
- Once bacon is done, put on a cooling rack to cool for about 5 minutes until cool to the touch
- Once brussels sprouts are done baking, remove from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and toss well until combined
- After bacon cools, chop finely and add to brussels
- Toss to combine everything together then serve warm
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know how you like it in the comments below! Also check my Instagram for daily food inspo!