The Louisiana Chicken Pasta from Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite dishes to order. It’s decadent, creamy and absolutely delicious. The pasta is cooked perfectly in a cajun cream sauce and topped with crispy parmesan chicken cutlets.
If you’re reading this post then that means you too are a lover of the famous Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta.
Since I’ve been ordering this pasta for so long, I pretty much know how to make it from scratch. I’ve made it at home a few times now because the ingredients are easy to replicate and it’s not a complicated dish to master. However, this time, I had to document exactly what I did because it came out perfect and honestly even better than the original. The flavors are deep, and cajun infused with a touch of earthiness from the mushrooms. The cream sauce was rich and decadent and the noodles were so perfect! I switched out the traditional bow-tie pasta for something a little different.
If you’re looking for a yummy weeknight pasta dish or a decadent dish to make for a special occasion then look no further.
Let’s jump right into the recipe.
- 4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Vegetable or canola oil for frying
For Cajun cream sauce
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of white onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- Cajun seasoning to taste, about 1 tsp
- 1/2 package or 9oz of Girelle pasta or bowtie pasta
- Freshly chopped parsley* optional
- Pat chicken dry with a piece of paper towel then season on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- Dip chicken in egg wash, then flour, then parmesan cheese. Pat cheese into chicken to ensure it does not fall off before frying
- Heat oil on medium heat then pan fry the chicken cutlets until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side
- Set cooked chicken aside on paper towels to cool
- Cook pasta according to package instructions before starting sauce
For Cajun Cream Sauce:
- In a nonstick skillet on medium heat, melt butter and sauté onions, mushrooms and bell peppers until soft, about 2-3 minutes
- Once soft and fragrant season with salt and pepper and add garlic, heavy cream and parmesan cheese, mix well until everything is well combined
- Next, season with cajun seasoning to taste and lower heat to medium low
- Allow sauce to come to a simmer and thicken, about 5 minutes
- Sauce is done when you can trace a line across the back of the spoon with your fingertip. If the line remains visible, the sauce is thick enough
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and combine well until all the noodles are well coated
- Once pasta and sauce is combined, turned off the heat and add sliced chicken on top
- Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired and serve hot