My Sweet Potato Brulee is so decadent you’ll place this recipe in your regular rotation.
African-American holidays are not complete without some incarnation of sweet potatoes. My Sweet Potato Brulee is so decadent you’ll place this recipe in your regular rotation. Get all your old school soul food favorites on CollardsAreTheOldKale.com
Check out @collardsaretheoldkale for amazing holiday drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert ideas made in the old school soul food style much like our African-American ancestors did. You can enjoy the flavorful recipes with detailed instructions on my blog CollardsAreTheOldKale.com
- 2½ cups Organic Sweet Potatoes grated
- 2 Organic Eggs
- ¾ cup Organic Whole Milk
- ¾ cup Organic Half & Half
- ½ tbsp Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Organic Salted Butter
- ½ cup Organic Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- ½ tsp Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Organic Powdered Ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grate sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Cream butter and agave syrup together.
- Mix in eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, half & half and milk with butter and agave syrup. Beat with a whisk.
- Fold sweet potatoes into the milk mixture, evenly incorporating.
- Butter baking dish with a pat of butter.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the dish, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.