Transform your left over holiday mac and cheese into these amazing Air Fryer Mac & Cheese Bites. You can also serve them as appetizers during your holiday meal.
I’m Chef Mireille of Global Kitchen Travels and so happy to be providing some delicious recipes for Chef Natasha of Asili Glam Cooks.
I’m a NYC based food blogger and photographer. Having worked in a lot of NYC kitchens and coming from one of the most diverse families on the planet, you will find both traditional and inspired modern interpretations of recipes from just about every country in the world. My website is a place where food, travel and education meet in one delicious place!
Mac & Cheese is a standard recipe that will be on a lot of holiday tables this year as it is every year. After a few days of leftovers, you may get sick of that Mac & Cheese.
Well then it’s time to transform your leftover Mac & Cheese into these amazing Air Fryer Mac & Cheese Bites. You can also serve them as appetizers during your holiday meal.
They are so delicious when served with Marinara Sauce or if you are Caribbean, we like just about everything with hot sauce!
- 4 cups leftover Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Creole Spice Mix
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, if needed
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 F.
- Spray Air Fryer basket with non stick spray.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of cold mac & cheese and roll into a ball about 2”. Add milk a little at a time, if needed for the mac and cheese to stick. Repeat until all the macaroni and cheese has been used.
- In a bowl, combine flour with your favorite spice mix and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk and egg until well combined.
- In another bowl, have the Panko breadcrumbs ready.
- Take each ball of macaroni and cheese and first roll it well in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Then dip it into the buttermilk combination, rolling it around so that it is well coated.
- Lastly, roll it in the Panko, shaking off any excess.
- Place in prepared Air Fryer Basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with Marinara sauce.
Depending how creamy or firm your leftover Mac & Cheese is, you may need to add a few tablespoons of milk for the Mac & Cheese to stick together to form the balls.
For a cleaner breading process, use one hand when dipping in dry ingredients and your other hand for dipping in wet ingredients.