This pumpkin french toast casserole is the perfect dish to bring the family together in the mornings. What’s great for you is that you can make this the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning.
This recipe is a part of a holiday recipe roundup collaboration hosted by me, Natasha of @asiliglamcooks. For this week we are focusing on casserole meals.
Guys, it’s officially fall! That means it’s time for all things pumpkin spice, hot cocoa, and cooler weather. What better way to warm up then with this sweet and savory and slightly spicy pumpkin french toast casserole. It makes the ideal dish to bring the family together in the mornings.
Now that the holiday season is upon us, we want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible so we can soak in all the family and friend time. This is the perfect make ahead meal and you can just pop it in the oven the next morning. Ideal for all the upcoming holiday gatherings you’re sure to have.
Check out Kim’s blog here.
- 2 loaves brioche bread
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ - ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp almond flour
- 3 tsp sugar in the raw
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, add eggs, egg whites, cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Whisk until mixture is fully incorporated.
- Cube your bread and set aside.
- Next spray a baking dish with spray pam and add your cubed bread. Next, pour your egg mixture on top of the bread and make sure it is fully soaked.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until bread and egg mixture is firm. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- If using optional toppings, top with honey and streusel.
Cooking With Kim Notes:
This casserole is a great make ahead meal. If serving the next morning, follow directions 2 - 4, cover with foil and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Once you are ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator while your oven is pre-heating so that the pan comes to room temperature.
Optional toppings that can be used: pecans, almonds, walnuts, chocolate chips
Tune in tomorrow for our next submission in our casserole recipe roundup hosted by @asiliglamcooks and friends.
P.S. Check out my last recipe here.