My Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is super easy to make and will help you get dinner on the table in less time than it takes to order Chipotle.
This recipe is a part of a holiday recipe roundup collaboration hosted by me, Natasha of @asiliglamcooks. For this week we are focusing on the best fall slow cooker meals. I hope you’ll enjoy this guest post below!
My name is Jessica Lawson and I’m the home cook and creator behind the blog, bigdeliciouslife.com. I LOVE to be in the kitchen, cooking is my favorite thing to do. But sometimes, we all lose steam and just don’t have the energy to cook and just need an easy chicken recipe. I got you!
My Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is super easy to make and will help you get dinner on the table in less time than it takes to order Chipotle. This recipe requires almost no prep and the Instant Pot (or slow cooker) does all the work! Just throw everything in the pot and you’ll have tender, juicy, flavor packed shredded chicken in no time.
My favorite way to enjoy this chicken is in a burrito bowl with rice, black beans, diced avocado and some chopped tomatoes. Of course with a few chips on the side. Perfect for tacos, burritos, bowls, nachos, quesadillas and salads. Everyone can choose their own adventure!
This recipe is great for meal prep as it stays juicy and tender in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and you can also freeze it in individual portions and unthaw when you need a quick meal.
For more delicious recipes, head over to bigdeliciouslife.com and catch me on Instagram at @bigdeliciouslife
- 1.5 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 16 oz jar or 2 cups of your favorite green salsa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Grains or tortillas and toppings for serving
- Place the stainless steel insert into the base of the Instant Pot.
- Add raw boneless skinless chicken breasts to the pot.
- Sprinkle over chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic and salt.
- Pour salsa over chicken and squeeze in lime juice.
- Set to manual pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow to natural release for at least 5 minutes.
- Carefully release remaining pressure and open the lid away from your face.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breasts directly in the pot, mixing with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve warm over grains or in tortillas with your favorite toppings.
If you’re using a slow cooker, follow the same instructions and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Tune in tomorrow for our next submission for our next slow cooker recipe roundup hosted by @asiliglamcooks and friends.
P.S. Check out my last recipe here.