This creamy pumpkin, mushroom pasta is the type of meal you want to eat every day. It’s rich, creamy and delicious.
This recipe is a part of a holiday recipe roundup collaboration hosted by Natasha of @asiliglamcooks. For this week we are focusing on cozy fall recipes. I hope you’ll enjoy this submission.
Natasha said, Chantay, give me a cozy fall recipe, and I said “say no more”. If you saw the video on Instagram and came to get the ‘deets’, let me introduce myself properly. This is my first guest blogger post! My name is Chantay Campbell Neil, and I’m a Jamaican food blogger, e-cook book author, and content creator living in Jamaica. I create content and recipes for brands and I also develop recipes for my blog, Youtube and Instagram (I’m trying to like TikTok but failing). I occasionally sell some bomb sauces and dips. And when in the mood, I’ve been known to pop up and sell yummy food to some lovely people in Jamaica. This industry for me, was a hobby turned side hustle, I don’t do this full time. I’m just here, taking up a bit of Natasha’s space with a recipe I am sure you will love.
So back to this cozy fall recipe. It has layers and layers of flavor starting with the roasted pumpkin. The roasted pumpkins could be had on their own as a meal, That’s how good they are. I even use these roasted pumpkins as a base for pumpkin soup (thanks to me later). Then there are the shitake mushrooms that add even more flavor and heartiness, the garlic in all its forms, the anchovy paste (don’t make the face just do it) tomato paste, sage, and marjoram, not to be outdone by the parmesan and smoked mozzarella, listen! Just make this.
It’s a really easy dish that I can see on weekly rotation in your kitchen this fall, I wouldn’t even say make this for thanksgiving, because I could eat this every day!
Creamy Pumpkin Mushroom Pasta
To Roast the pumpkin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves smashed
- 3-4 cups pumpkin cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
For the Pasta
- 1 stick salted butter
- 7 oz shitake mushrooms sliced
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 12 sage leaves finely chopped (plus extra to garnish)
- 1 tbsp marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp roasted garlic paste
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475 F
- On a lined sheet pan add the chopped onions and pumpkin (you can use squash too)
- Smash the garlic cloves and season everything with all-purpose seasoning or a little salt and black pepper
- Toss in oil and place in the oven to bake until the pumpkins are soft and beginning to char
- Once charred remove from the oven and set aside
- Bring some salted water to boil to cook the pasta to the package’s instructions
- Clean and slice the mushrooms
- Melt the butter in a large pan and sauté the mushrooms until golden brown
- Add shredded garlic, sage,marjoram, tomato paste, garlic paste and anchovy paste
- stir to combine then deglaze the pan with ½ cup of pasta water
- Add the heavy cream as well as the roasted pumpkin onions and garlic and allow it to thicken
- Then add the parmesan cheese allow it to melt then stir in the pasta
- Once the pasta is completely coated add the mozzarella cheese and turn off the heat stirring to melt the cheese
- Serve hot garnished with extra fresh sage
- For an extra punch of flavour and creaminess dissolve 1 teaspoon better than bullion and 1.5 teaspoon sugar in ½ cup of hot whole milk, add this to the mixture when you are adding in the parmesan cheese before the pasta goes in. The addition of the sugar balances the saltiness from the parmesan cheese and the better than bullion adds flavour (I used the beef flavour)
- Don’t have marjoram you can use thyme leaves.
Be sure to check out my website http://greedygirlcooks.blogspot.com/ for more easy recipes.
Thank you Chantay for submitting this recipe! Tune in tomorrow for our next submission for our cozy fall recipe collaboration hosted by @asiliglamcooks and friends.