I love frying up chicken tenders because they’re so much easier than bone-in fried chicken and they’re more versatile. I cooked up these juicy AF chicken tenders in less than 30 minutes. I used them as a protein in my chicken caesar salad wrap and it was delicious. I know so many people love chicken tenders so I wanted to share this recipe. Nothing groundbreaking but I do think the method of seasoning and frying the chicken adds to its juiciness. No one wants dry chicken tender’s right?
Let’s jump right into the recipe!
Juicy AF Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb of chicken tenders
- 1 tsp of salt + more to taste
- 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 2 cups of milk or heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken tenders with salt, cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Add eggs and mix until everything is well incorporated into the tenders.
- Next, add milk or heavy cream and mix thoroughly. Note that you only need enough milk to cover the chicken tenders, depending on the size of the tenders you might need more or less milk, use your best judgment.
- Allow the mixture to sit for up to an hour if you have time, if not proceed to the next step.
- To the same bowl, add flour and mix until the liquid is completely dissolved and chicken tenders are well breaded with flour.
- Add oil to a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet and turn heat to medium. You only need enough oil to coat one side of the chicken tender at a time, they do not need to be submerged in oil.
- Once the oil is hot, shake off any excess flour from chicken tenders in the bowl and add to the hot oil.
- Space out the tenders and ensure they are not touching each other.
- Allow chicken tenders to cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Please note, depending on the size of chicken tenders you might need more or less time.
- Once golden brown on each side, chicken tenders should be cooked through. *Use a meat thermometer to be sure cooking is complete
- Sprinkle hot tenders with a sprinkle of kosher or flaky salt and allow them to rest and then serve as desired.
These juicy AF chicken tenders are so amazing! The next day they warmed up really well and I used them in my kale salad. I mean… what more could you ask for?! If you have a taste for bbq or lemon pepper, just adjust the seasoning accordingly. I made them plain on purpose so that I could add my caesar dressing without compromising the flavor.
You guys went crazy for these tenders on Tiktok and on IG REELS so I hope you enjoy this recipe and share your results with me when you make them by tagging @asiliglamcooks #asiliglamcooks.
Check out the video for the recipe here!
P.S. Here is my last post.