I don’t know about you guys, but it doesn’t seem like spring is in the air at all here in NYC. The weather has been super temperamental lately with temperatures ranging from high to low 40’s…makes no sense!
But regardless of the weather, spring is actually here for some of the country, so let’s talk about how to get our hair ready for the new season! I’ve found that if you follow these ten easy steps you will have fabulous, strong healthy hair that’s completely ready the spring/summer months.
1. Limit the chemical treatment to your hair whether that includes dying, rinsing, highlighting, bleaching etc.
I know the urge to “switch it up” comes with a new, warmer season but let’s not get crazy! There are so many temporary hair color sprays on the market now that can give you that new “color” you’re looking for. Check out the Jerome Russell collection from Sally’s Beauty Supply store. The below color is B blonde and it looks absolutly stunning on vlogger Taren Guy below.
2. Trim hair regularly
3. Avoid harmful direct heat
4. Cover hair from direct sunlight while out enjoying the weather
5. Use a good daily moisturizer
6. Protect hair at night with satin bonnet
7. Deep condition regularly
8. Avoid drying shampoos & co-wash instead
9. Clarify when build up occurs
10. Use a honey treatment every couple of weeks to add luster & shine
Now, here are some pictures to get you inspired to get your hair ready for spring!