Been gone way too long. I miss you guy’s.
Working on being a better me, and pushing through to overcoming fears that can often times cripple success.
One day a time. One word after another. I hope you’re still there.
Something that touched me today and made it almost impossible not to share.
Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness
1. push yourself to get up before
the rest of the world – start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the
nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier – start with 11pm, then 10pm,
then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips,
biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that
if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry
tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a
fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and
do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then
trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down
everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments,
coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into
the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in
there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t
want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash
your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in
moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner
thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the
beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be
surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s
behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a
catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex?
boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it
and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars
merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and
leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies.
compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not
ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a
straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story.
talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if
failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it
happen for you.