Now, this might sound crazy, because it initially sounded crazy to me, but after doing some research I found that using yogurt in natural hair has multiple benefits!
During the winter months hair can become EXTRA dry and brittle (I’ve already started to experience this). Yogurt can help during these months to moisturize and strengthen your fragile hair.
Benefits of yogurt:
- Tames frizz
- Adds natural shine
- Allows for easier detangling
- Yogurt contains lactic acid that will smooth out your coils and add tons of moisture!
Best part of this yogurt thing is that you can make your own conditioning masque with ingredients from your kitchen!
How to make your own yogurt mask:
- Grab one egg and whisk until frothy
- Add 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or jojoba oil
- Mix ingredients together and apply to damp hair parted in sections
- Leave in mix for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly
- Proceed to do your regular shampoo and condition regimen after application
That’s all for now beauties! Have you tried yogurt in your natural hair before??? Please share your experience below!!