|Buy it here|
I recently tried Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment. Now, I’ve sampled a few products from the Miss Jessie’s line and all in all the products are solid. I don’t necessarily LOVE any particular one, but they all get the job done. Now, let’s get right into it.
Here is the he Super Sweetback Treatment description according to CurlMart.com,
“Whoever said sweets weren’t good for you was sadly mistaken. If beautiful curls are what you covet, then indulge your kinks with just the right treat! Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment™, an ultra-rich emulsion, will satisfy your hair while softening and elongating every strand. Thanks to growth stimulants like shea butter and centella extract, among a number of other deliciously sweet ingredients, Super Sweetback Treatment™ leaves you with the charming, lengthened curls you desire. Want long curly hair? Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment is the essential treatment for growing out naturally curly, kinky and wavy hair. Healthy growth and length is what most curlies covet. Miss Jessie’s can assist you in this process. An elongated curl has more bounce, is more manageable, and is less prone to frizz. Be Super Sweet to your curls.”
What’s in it?
water, behentrimonium methosulfate and cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cyclomethicone and dimethiconol, lauryl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), fragrance, dimethicone, DMDM hydantoin and iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, ceteareth-20, hydroxethylcellulose, hydrolyzed soy protein, liposome (centella asiatica), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, EDTA disodium, tocopheryl acetate, mangifera indica (mango) seeed butter, D&C red #33, citric acid
In my opinion the ingredients were far from impressive. The product has hints of natural ingredients like aloe, shea butter, and centella extract but what’s everything else???????
1. Like most Miss Jessie’s products this conditioner did have a very sweet, yummy scent. If you’re someone who’s into a lot of fragrance, you will enjoy this scent.
2. After applying the product to my hair detangling was a breeze and my hair felt moisturized immediately.
3. My hair was left feeling extremely soft and silky
4. Tangles slide of of my hair like butter!!!!!
5. A little bit goes a long way! Like most Miss Jessie’s products, this one is super concentrated. I used maybe a golf ball dollop for my entire head.
1. THE PRICE. A small sample size of this product will run you $9.00 If you absolutely love it and you want to purchase the 16oz size be prepared to dish out $48.00 bucks! (I don’t think I’ve ever bought a product that expensive in my life.)
Ratings: (out of 10)
Would I buy this product again? Probably not, because it’s not the most economical option. I might “splurge” on a sample size in the future though lol!
What do you think beauties? Is this product worth a try? Have you used this product before? Sound off below!