|Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012: Source|
Everyone wants thicker, fuller more healthy looking hair, right? I know I do! My quest for that will never subside. After doing some research and trying a few of these techniques, I’ve compiled a list that reflects the best way to achieve this goal!
Check it out!
1. Henna (try to be as consistent with this regimen as possible to truly see results. Try doing a treatment every two weeks. See my henna post for more deets!)
2. Low manipulation of hair (the less you touch your hair, the less strands you lose and the more length and volume you retain)
3. Wear your hair down more
4. Take a daily pre natal vitamin (or just incorporate a steady vitamin regimen into your diet, like triple strength fish oil at least 4 times a week)
5.Use your fingers for most of your styling (lose less hair this way)
6. Get your oil game up (try incorporating rosemary and jojoba oils into your pre-poo regi)
1. Wear tight protective styling like buns (weakens your edges)
2. Stay away from gel (I know it’s hard, but this will make hair dry and brittle and in the end your hair will be more susceptible to breaking!)
3. Use shampoo’s that contain sodium laureth sulfate (this is a detergent that will strip your hair of natural essential oils you need to grow thicker hair)
4. Use paddle brushes or hard bristle brushes regularly
Need some product suggestions? I’ve heard some success stories about these guys:
1. Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab thickening shampoo
“Strengthens hair and thickens strands for thicker, healthier hair.” Source
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Adansonia digitata (Baobab) Extract, BioQn, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Coconut Oil), Vegetable Protein, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Rosemary Extract, Bamboo Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract. *Denotes CerQfied Organic Ingredient.
|Buy it here!|
2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil
“Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil is processed the traditional way. Our Organic seeds are roasted and ground by a manual Grinder and then the crushed beans are boiled to extract the 100% pure, dark brown, organic oil. It’s the best quality oil on the market. Why you may ask? Compared to other brands it is the darkest Jamaican Black Castor Oil because we roast our beans longer which produces more Ash Content in our oil than any other oil on the market. More ash content increases the effectiveness of the oil. Therefore the Sunny Isle brand will strengthen and increase the length of your hair faster than any other brands on the market today. Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor is the ONLY Jamaican Black Castor Oil that comes in a safety sealed bottle for your protection.” Source
That’s it for now beauties! What do you do to thicken your hair and achieve voluminous strands?? Sound off below!!