Today I decided to revisit my stash of Miss Jessie’s Stretch Silkening Creme! Find my review below!
Miss Jessie’s Stretch Silkening Creme Review by natbetty on Polyvore.com
Amazon.com: Magic Satin Hair Scarf: Health & Personal Care
$6.79 – amazon.com
Amazon.com: Conair Anti-static Detangling Comb: Beauty
$3.29 – amazon.com
Miss Jessie’s Stretch Silkening Crme – NaturallyCurly.com’s CurlMart
Color-Trak Lil’ Squirt Spray Bottle 9 oz. – Marlo Beauty Supply
Denman – D3 Medium 7 row styling brush
- According to the official Miss Jessie’s website: “Stretch Silkening Crème, an amazing addition to our ever expanding curl crème empire. “How’s it different from the rest?” I’ll tell you. Stretch Silkening Crème is a quicker to dry whipped soufflé that delivers an amazing plump curl and a brilliant shine. Fabulous for fingerstyling. The lightest of the curl crème bunch. P.S. This is not Miko’s chemical Silkener technique. Instructions for use: Apply product while hair is soaking wet for full coverage based on your length and density. Do not rinse out. Air dry or dry under an overhead dryer. For maximum stretch silkening: After curls are fully dried grab a section and stretch downward for tension. Using a blowdryer with a nozzle attachment blast heat from root to midshaft. This will further stretch those kinks to curls. Enjoy! THIS PRODUCT IS NOT CHEMICALLY ALTERING The must have maintenance product, Baby Buttercreme and Curly Buttercreme, add to hair the day after styling”
- I love the feel of the product! As described above it has a whipped soufflé consistency that goes on the hair very easily while wet
- The product is extremely light and a small amount goes a long way
- For each section of my flat twist I used a fingertip amount and that was more than enough!
- I get my most defined twist outs with this product, and it lasts for at least 3 days
- Out of all the mainstream brands of natural hair products Miss Jessie’s is a little pricey (I purchased the 8oz for $22)
- If you get a little overzealous with the application of the product it can leave your twist out too defined and not natural looking! Go super light when applying this product
Tips for using this product:
- If you have access to a hooded dryer, I would highly recommend using that method to dry your hair. Your twist out will come out more defined and last longer!
Ratings: (out of 10)
|Start with freshly shampooed and deep conditioned hair|
|Section hair and apply product|
|Smooth hair with denman brush|
|Flat twist hair!|
|Completed flat twist!|
your hair is beyond beautiful! cant wait until i am completely natural so i can try this out!
Wow! Thanks so much jaz! I really appreciate it! Your hair will be completely natural before you know! Until then still try out the miss jessie's products they are great for transitioners!!
I didn't realize that was your method of twisting your hair, I've never done it that way but will TOTALLY be utilizing it. Geez, it looks great!
Awww thanks so much! (yep! my secret is out) lol But, I honestly believe that sharing is caring!!! I love this method of twisting and it's pretty much the only one that I use! Try it out and let me know if you have any questions on anything that I didn't cover!
Thanks for reading 😉
do you dry your hair before you do you twist out?
Hi! I towel dry my hair before twisting..but as I twist I use my spray bottle to saturate my hair with water to make detangling easier!