How much time have you spent in the past week looking through celebrity blog sites trying to find your next natural hair style? I know this is something that I do weekly. I love getting new fresh ideas from celebrities and applying it to my style and seeing what the outcome is. This is a style that I did a while back that mirrors previous Top Model Contestant and actress Yaya.
I’ll give you the details on how I obtained this style below!
I call this style the twist out side swipe! It’s one of my favorites and quite easy to do.
What you need?
- bobby pins
- Eco Styler Gel
- Soft bristle brush
- First you need to complete a twist out prior to doing this style: find directions on that here
- Once you have taken your twists down gather the tools that you will need
- Take a dime size amount of Eco Styler Gel and apply it to your hairline to give your style a sleek finish
- Use your soft bristle brush to smooth your hairline
- Once hairline has reached desired smoothness take all of your hair to one side of your head (I prefer my right side)
- While holding hair to side you desire begin to secure curls with bobby pins
- I like to start at the front and work my way to the back
- You will secure the curls with the bobby pins directly in the middle of your head (If your holding your hair with your left hand and holding bobby pin in your right hand your left hand will be in the center of your head and that’s exactly where you will secure the hair with the bobby pin(sounds crazy being explained in writing lol but just try it)
- The amount of bobby pins you use will depend on how thick your hair is
- I generally use about 5-8 bobby pins
- Slide the pins on hair vertically to secure the side swipe!
- Manipulate curls in the front of your face to get your final desired look! (I like my hair in the front cascading to the side)
And that’s it! If you follow these directions you should have a great outcome with this style. It’s simple and easy but gives your natural hair an edgy look!
Here is the look from different angles!
Have you tried this style before? If not, is it something that you think you can rock?
Let me know!
love the hair and dress
Thanks so much!!
Love it! Your my natural hair inspiriation!
Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words! xo