Is your frizzy natural hair driving you crazy this summer?! Pony tails and head bands not getting the job done? Tired of flyaways, and dry, undefined curls? I have researched some of the best remedies to reduce frizz and add moisture to your natural mane!
Recommendations via source: naturallycurly
1. Carbonated water rinse. If you often let your curls air dry, this is a great remedy to eliminate hair frizz caused by humidity. After you wash your hair, give it a final rinse with carbonated or sparkling water. The reason carbonated or sparkling water reduces frizz is because of it’s low pH level. Learn more about pH levels and frizz now.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar. This is another great natural remedy that is very effective in preventing frizzy curls. The procedure is very much like the process above with the carbonated/sparkling water. Wash your hair as you normally would and give it a final rinse with equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. Another great benefit of apple cider vinegar is shine! Shiny and frizz-free hair? Sign me up! We’ve broken down the apple cider vinegar process just for you!
3. Beer. Beer is another great rinse option, and ranks third on our list of unconventional no-frizz tips. Beer replenishes moisture in your hair. Dark beers often provide the most nutrients and moisture. When doing the rinse, simply coat your hair with them and let it sit for a few minutes. When ready, rinse your hair with cold water—which will also help get rid of the smell.
4. Mayonnaise and Avocado Conditioner. Here is a recipe is a very effective natural conditioner for dry, frizzy hair.
Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with 1/2 avocado until you have a paste. Rub it on your hair and cover your head with a plastic cap. Wrap a hot towel around it. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash. Repeat once a week for better results. Check out more about avocado hair conditioners here.
5. Coconut oil or olive oil. Oil is your frizz-free friend—maybe even your best no-frizz friend. Oils are a great sealer or conditioner. Check out this recipe for oil conditioner:
Begin by heating up one cup of olive oil or coconut oil in a glass jar. Apply this mixture throughout all of your hair, evenly distributing it. Cover your curly hair with a shower cap and wrap a hot towel around your head to increase moisture absorption. Keep on for around 30 minutes, rewarming your towel as needed (you’ll need constant heat). Shampoo and rinse your hair with cold water. Do this three times a week for the best results. Read more about coconut oil for hair here.
Some of these remedies are oldies but goodies. Get frizz free natural hair by trying some of these simple remedies!
How do you combat frizz? Sound off below!