It's time to clean out your product cabinet and put away all your go to winter natural hair products. The lily's are blooming and spring time is definitely here. With spring comes more moisture in the air, which translates to a more humid atmosphere and tons of FRIZZ to attack your natural hair.
According to naturallycurly.com, "Because curly hair has a more raised cuticle than straight hair, it is naturally more prone to covet the offer of more moisture. In winter, the air is dry enough and the cold constricting enough that the cuticle stays as close to the hair shaft as it can. This is why creams and oils perform so effectively in winter, and a silicone sealant works as designed to keep that cuticle smooth."
You might ask yourself, what products work better for natural hair in the spring/summer time? No worries, beauties! I have some product suggestions to get you through your best natural hair spring yet!
1. Since the hair cuticle is more opened up during the spring and summer months be sure to clarify hair regularly. Try these products for a super clean wash:
- Carol’s Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
- CURLS Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo
- Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo
- Hair Rules Aloe Grapefruit Purifying Shampoo
2. Gels in the spring time can prevent your hair from frizzing uncontrollably and add some definition to your curls. Try:
3. In keeping with combating frizz during the spring months, try a Microfiber Hair Towel. This will reduce split ends during the towel drying process. (Find it here >Kmart)
Microfiber Hair Towel
4. Creamier products are great for hair in the winter time. Due to the dryness of the atmosphere you need a heavier product to give your hair moisture and definition. In the spring opt for something lighter for your styling. Try these:
That's all for now, beauties. Take the first step into the best spring ever by ensuring you have the right products to get you through this season!
What are some of your go to spring time natural hair products?